Monday, November 21, 2011

Coupon Crazy

This is a picture of our usual Sunday afternoons - Cohen is napping, Brady is napping, Kurtis is working on his MBA homework and I have my Sunday ads, coupon binder, pen and paper ready to go all spread out on the kitchen table.  I'm still learning -but I'm starting to really catch on.  Take for example my shopping trip at Marsh on Friday:

  • ALL laundry detergent - on sale for 2.99 -- used .50 coupon which doubled to $1 off.
  • Colgate toothpaste -- on sale for 1.50 -- used .50 coupon which doubled to $1 off.
  • Dr. Pepper Ten -- 1.89 -- used coupon for free 2 liter
  • Herbal Essence Conditioner -- on sale for 2.50 -- used $1 off coupon.
So my total for that shopping trip was 3.76 -- a 76% savings! 

My favorite place to get all our bathroom stuff is CVS.  I always buy things that I have coupons for or are free with Extra Bucks.  My most recent proud purchase was a box of Pampers on sale for 18.99.  I had a 2.50 off coupon and 4 Extra bucks so I paid around $12 PLUS I got 4 EB to use this weekend for Black Friday shopping.  So really I got a box of diapers for $8.

I know, I'm creating a coupon addiction - which isn't really that extreme yet.  But who doesn't like to save money??  Better yet - who doesn't like free stuff??  More updates coming soon. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!