Thursday, December 9, 2010

Little Man Ain't Such a Little Man

Yesterday was the infamous day that most, if not all, moms dread - the first round of shots.  As a mother you do everything in your power to protect your little one from the slightest bit of harm.  Now, imagine watching someone poke your precious baby 3 times with needles.  I'm not sure what is worse - the actually shots or the cries that come from your innocent baby.  BUT, CoCo survived and all is well.  Better news is the kid is a serious porkchop.  He's 13.5 lbs (almost double, yes double, his birth weight) and 24 1/4 inches long.  The kid great over 3 inches in 2 months!  Kurtis and I are a little baffled as to where this booger is getting his heigth because if you know me, I'm vertically challenged hence the addiction to my high heels.  However, we will embrace these grow spurts with open arms if it means a college scholarship is in his future.

Because of his stellar weight and eating abilities, we were able to start him on his first try of rice cereal.  We're still a little unsure, but we still had a fun time trying it out!

Regardless, more ends up on his face and bib instead of his mouth but we'll get used to it I'm sure.  Look at the stinker - he'll definitely never miss a meal!

**A quick sidenote - Cohen slept his first full 12 hours last night.  One quick feeding at 4:30 and we were out at 5 again.  I'm thinking its a combo of sleepiness and shots - because I don't want to get too hopeful...keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

I think it is harder for the moms listening to the poor little ones cry too! Hopefully he keeps up the sleeping pattern. He is a doll baby!

Our girls had thier six-month shots yesterday too. Four each... I shouldn't laugh but delayed reaction between getting stabbed and the crying is a tad humorous. Thank God it doesn't last long.... Jacey is our porker pie at about 17 pounds and 26 inches. They finally can say goodbye to the expensive premee formula... Cohen looks like he is doing awesome. Will we see you guys at Christmas in GoGo?

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!