Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To Cry or Not to Cry?

Apparently the world is a party that Cohen refuses to miss - well, at least it is when it comes to nap or bedtime.  The amount of sleep has gotten much better.  He'll go about 6 hours at night, eat and then sleep 3 or 4 more.  However, its the PROCESS now that is going to make my hair turn gray.  You can rock, sing, hum, swaddle, sway, rub,  pat and so on until the kid is out - like dead to the world.  And I mean dead weigth, mouth open, sawing logs.  But the second you put him in his crib those eyes fly open and SURPRISE!  I'm awake, Mom!  And then the process starts all over again...So we talked to the doctor at his 2 month visit and he said its fine to let him be restless and cry a little bit to help reinforce sleeptime.  As a mother though, it literally sucks hearing your child cry.  But I'm at the end of my rope with this whole sleep process.  He used to be a fabulous napper - but now he'll make his body fight it, kicking and crying, becoming Houdini and getting out of his swaddle no matter how tight it is and making sure he does not get that good 1 to 2 hour nap that I used to look forward to in the day.  I dread bedtime because he refuses to go to sleep - once again kicking, moving around, crying, escaping from his swaddle.  I guess its just a matter of making him realize that this is bedtime, you need to go to sleep.  So its all about time again, right? Sigh.

This is not a joke - this is what he does everyday at naptime or bedtime.  And he makes it harder by smiling, laughing and talking to you as if he knows , "Mom I'm too cute to sleep, come on!"

2 comments:

My daughter is doing the same thing! What do you do when you lay them down and they look up at you with the biggest smile?!?!

It is the curse of the cutest kids ever! Ella will be sound asleep and as soon as she hits the crib she flips over, stands up and laughs!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!