Friday, March 18, 2011

The World of a Working Mom

  I just finished my third week since going back to work...and I'm pooped.  I feel almost as exhausted as I did when Cohen was home for the first time.  It may be a combination of his bad sleeping habits here lately and the fact that for any teacher, this time of the year is the worst time.  But literally, as I type this (and pump, don't be alarmed) I am trying with all of my might to keep my eyes open.  THANK GOD FOR COFFEE!!  Seriously, I look forward to my one cup a day.  But the exciting news is that next week is the last week of school until Spring Break.   I can't wait to spend a whole week off with my little stinker.  He has adjusted so well to the sitter and she just loves him too.  I think I've adjusted now, but it still is hard to leave him in the mornings - especially when he is just so happy at this time of the day.  T
  This morning, the stinker decided that he was going to play in his crib from 2-4 and then wake up around 6:30.  Recently, we've been fighting these late night wakeups that really are killing me and Kurtis.  Cohen's never been a good sleeper, and I blame his dad for that because Kurtis isn't either. But the early wake up time for work combined with a stinker who doesn't want to sleep all night -- my body is begging for a nap.  Or maybe just 8 straight hours of sleep?  I told Kurtis tonight that one day, Cohen will sleep.  And one day, we'll be able to sleep like normal people again. 
  Being back to work with all of the responsibilities that are expected of me is hard.  I don't think I have as much patience as I once did.  Sadly, it is the same kids that test me day after day.  What is funny is that one of my kids even raised his hand to tell the class today that when I have to take my time to call home, they are wasting time that I should be spending with my baby. It made me laugh - because as least he's been listening!  This time of the year really sucks for a teacher though - assessments, behavior, spring fever - it all adds up and turns into a cluster of chaos.  Just 8 more weeks until summer....and then it is fun in the sun with my stinker!!

Here's Stinky now - he loves to roll and more recently he has started to bring his knees up and trying to rock himself.  Start the baby proofing now! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!