Saturday, April 23, 2011

Being Sick is No Fun!

Oh daycare, how I loathe the illnesses you carry and pass on to my child.  It was as if his cold was sort of gone, but then as soon as the weather went from hot to cold (and I mean 85 to 40 within a day) he got sick again.  So this was on Sunday...by Wednesday the coughing came back.  By Thursday, he was coughing so hard he would throw up -- and let's just say baby food meat is NOT any better coming back up.  (I am gagging as I think about it.)  So Friday was his 6 month check up with the dreaded shots and all.  However, the poor little monkey woke up with a 101.5 fever and just looked at me like, "Mom, help."  He wouldn't nap, barely ate -- and I knew the poor baby was really sick.  The doctor appointment turned into an hour long appointment with a nebulizer treatment and listening to his chest about twenty times.  Sadly, he cried, and I mean CRIED, the entire hour.  So instead of leaving with 4 shots and a moody baby, we left with 2 antibiotics, a new nebulizer machine and a screaming, sick baby.  But a week later and the little monkey is so much better.  Luckily Nana and Papa came into town and she was able to help nurse him back to health -- thank God for wonderful moms!!  But we are surviving our first real illness this time and trust me, we are anxiously awaiting summer!

Nebulizing the poor little baby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!