Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Apology to my High Heels

Before Cohen, you would rarely see me in a flat - ever.  Then, I got pregnant (and was large and in charge over the summer nonetheless) and my fat, swollen feet could no longer squeeze into my 5 inch peep toes comfortably after about 28 weeks.  So, I surrendered to the -duh, duh duh- flats.  Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with flat shoes, but being barely 5'4, something inside of me always screamed for the extra height of heels. 

 (Please note the wear and tear on these puppies - I will forever cherish them.)

After Cohen was born, I didn't run back to those beloved peep toes.  I actually preferred flats to heels (gasp!!).  It has been 15 months since the birth of my son and while yes, I do wear heels occasionally to work,  I love my Ugg moccasins and flat brown boots I scored, with a coupon of course, super cheap at Target.  I know -- who knew?

 (One word for these guys -- HEAVEN.)

This Christmas, I asked Santa Kurtis for a new pair of black boots that I could wear with tights, leggings or skinny jeans.  I sent him several pictures and still frames of myself posing in these perfect beauties.  But, like any man, the poor fella couldn't find the EXACT pair that I had carefully described on my Christmas list.  So when in doubt, hit up DSW of course!  And look at what he found:
At first, I was scared because there was a --- HEEL on them.  However, I put them on and have since worn them, which has only solidified my pre-pregnancy addiction to the high heel.  I must have forgotten that pure rush of happiness that took over my body as I clicked down the hallways of school.  I think I'm in love - again.  And my husband has scored some mad points not only for these bad boys, but for once again reminding me of the precious gems I had tossed aside in my closet.  

Like Marilyn Monroe once said, "I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot."  
 
High heels, I'm sorry I forgot about you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!