Wednesday, November 17, 2010

6 Weeks and Counting...

It is super hard to believe that at this time 6 weeks ago, Kurtis and I were laying in our hospital room watching IronMan 2 (his choice of course) loving on our new little blessing. I was telling my friend Roleen that as each week passes by I get a sad feeling in my heart thinking about where I was when the contractions started and how I felt during labor and the instant surge of love that was taken over in my heart the moment I saw my little Cohen. But each weeks brings news milestones and adds fun to Cohen's personality. For example, the little stinker is now smiling when he hears our voices. Here is my one of my favorite pictures of Cohen showing off his sweet smile in the morning.

He is now starting to interact more and is moving around a lot. So today we took a journey to our new favorite store, Babies R Us, and purchased a vibrating bouncy seat. He really likes it so far and it is fun to see him recognize himself in the little mirror that hangs down.

I honestly can't imagine going back to work after only 6 weeks. I don't know how people do it!! Each day brings new adventures and I love him more every day that I get to spend with him. I would love for Kurtis to just come home one day and say, "Babe, take the rest of the year off." And I would gladly say, "Okay, if you insist!" But one can only dream... For now, however, I will cherish each day that I get to spend with my baby boy because they grow so big right before your eyes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!