Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No one ever said it would be easy...

This blog is dedicated to all the single mothers and fathers out there.  The past 2 days I have basically been doing it all on my own since Kurtis has had a wacky work schedule.  First off, when they said you won't get any sleep - they meant you won't get any sleep!  I have been trying to make Cohen go longer and longer in the night with his feedings so that means spending more time putting that paci in the mouth and rubbing his head back to sleep.  So between pumping, feeding and soothing I am running on probably 3 or 4 hours of sleep - which is literally hitting me hard.  Luckily I have an amazing husband who is willing to share these responsibilities with me when he doesn't have to be at work at 4:30 in the morning.  I guess I can handle doing this for 2 days knowing that my husband will be able to help me tonight.  Honestly, I give props to single parents because being a parent is probably the hardest job in the world.  You don't understand the extent of it until you actually are experiencing it on your own.  But the best advice I can give any parent out there is...Sleep when they sleep - because otherwise you won't be getting much of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana
I'm a full-time mommy, wife and teacher. Coupons and shopping are my weaknesses -- and the two go in hand pretty well. Welcome to my life and happy savings to you!